Bow cap and guard installed.

The original bow cap for this boat was manky, beat to hell and it didn’t fit.  I wanted to make a new one and was going to have my awesome welder Stan at Advanced Alloys make it but he’s retiring for health reasons!  So I did it myself.  I made a template out of poster board, cut it out with the nibbler and finished shaping with a grinder.  Tig welded it together (poorly), cleaned up my welds and installed it today.  Fits perfectly.  Those gaps on the side are supposed to be there, not sure why, but that’s how the boat is designed so I didn’t deviate.  I also reinstalled the bow guard that protects the bow from minor dings.  This was a big step today because now that that is on I can fit the anchor roller and other hardware that goes around it.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *